Fast tiramisù 4 four (Tiramisù veloce)
Clicking on equipment pictures takes you to Amazon where you can buy the items. We get a small revenue share of anything you buy which helps keep the site running.
- 350 grams (12 oz) Italian mascarpone cheese
- 100 grams (3 1/2 oz) Icing sugar
- 4-5 Egg yolks (medium size eggs – discard the whites) This is a dessert containing raw eggs, so be sure you buy fresh, top quality eggs.
- 1 Pack of Pavesini biscuits (for this recipe I used 48 Pavesini)
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) Strong espresso coffee (cold) or coffee prepared with a moka
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Put the egg yolks into a large bowl.
- Start beating the egg yolks with a whisk and gradually add all the sugar.
- Keep beating until the mixture become pale yellow and thick.
- Like this.
- Add few drops of vanilla extract.
- Beat for few seconds so that the vanilla extract is evenly distributed.
- Now, add the mascarpone to the egg-sugar-vanilla cream and blend together.
- Finally, we have the tiramisù cream.
- Now, we are ready for assembling our tiramisù. With the ingredients in the list you should be able to prepare 4 little rectangular dishes, about 16 cm x 8 cm (6 1/2" x 3 1/4") – a total of 12 biscuits for each dish.
- Dip the biscuits in the coffee, one at a time, for about 5 seconds, and lay the biscuits onto the bottom of the dish.
- As you can see from the photograph, I managed to lay 6 Pavesini biscuits in the bottom of the dish. Next, cover the biscuits with the tiramisù cream.
- Now, we are ready for the second layer of biscuits.
- Dip the biscuits in the coffee and complete the second layer of biscuits.
- Spread the final layer of tiramisù cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder, then put the tiramisù in the fridge and leave it for about 4 hours before serving it.Enjoy the feast!