Bresaola with lemon and oregano
Clicking on equipment pictures takes you to Amazon where you can buy the items. We get a small revenue share of anything you buy which helps keep the site running.
- Bresaola slices (5 to 7 slices per person)
- 1 Lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dry oregano
- Ground black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- Lay the bresaola slices on the plate and squeeze one lemon wedge all over the slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with dry oregano.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper.
- Add a bit of salt, but don’t exaggerate because the bresaola is already salted.
- Finally, have some bread at hand and enjoy it as quick snack.
- As I said in the introduction, we can play a lot with bresaola and make many different variations on the theme. Here, for example, I have wrapped some goat cheese with bresaola and, laid the wraps onto a rocket salad bed. Then drizzle with olive oil and season with ground pepper.
- Another idea is to lay the bresaola slices onto the plate, squeeze some lemon and then add rocket salad, Parmesan shavings and sliced button mushrooms. Then, again, drizzle with olive oil and season with ground pepper.