Penne Pasta with spicy sausage (Penne con salsiccia piccante)
Clicking on equipment pictures takes you to Amazon where you can buy the items. We get a small revenue share of anything you buy which helps keep the site running.
- 400 grams (14 oz) Penne rigate pasta
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Clove of garlic (sliced)
- 90 grams (3 1/2 oz) Spicy Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp Tomato purèe
- 1 A small handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- Remove the skin from the sausage and cut the sausage into thin discs, about 2 mm (1/16") thick.
- Put the olive oil into a wok (or a deep frying pan) and heat it on a medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and sweat off for few minutes until the garlic become slightly golden.
- When slightly golden, remove it.
- Now, turn the cooker to low heat and add the sausage discs.
- Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato purèe.
- Give a quick stir in order to melt the tomato purèe in the olive oil.
- Then, add the parsley.
- Stir for 30 seconds and turn the heat off.
- When you are draining the pasta, turn the cooker on again and pour the pasta into the wok.
- Stir to coat all the pasta with sauce and serve immediately.