Sailor’s sprouts (Cavoletti di Bruxelles con le acciughe)
Clicking on equipment pictures takes you to Amazon where you can buy the items. We get a small revenue share of anything you buy which helps keep the site running.
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Brussels sprouts
- 60 ml (2 fl oz) Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic (halved)
- 15 ml (1tbs) Anchovy paste
- 2 grams (1 tsp) Crushed Chilli
- Wash, cut and trim the sprouts. Then, put them in slightly salted boiling water and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the sprouts thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil (medium heat), add the garlic and sweat off for a couple of minutes. A wok is the ideal pan for this job.
- Add the chilli and give a stir. Then move on to the next stage.
- Add the anchovy paste and give a stir so that it is dissolved in the oil.
- When the anchovy paste is dissolved (it takes probably 30 seconds), you are ready for the next stage.
- Pour the sprouts into the wok.
- Cook for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, give a stir every now and then, so that all the sprouts are well coated with sauce.
- After 10 minutes, the sprouts start to turn to a golden colour. This is what you are waiting for!
- Now, serve yourself and buon appetito!