Fiery Penne Pasta (Penne all’arrabbiata)
Clicking on equipment pictures takes you to Amazon where you can buy the items. We get a small revenue share of anything you buy which helps keep the site running.
- 400 grams Penne rigate (ridged quill pasta)
- 90 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 or 3 Whole dried red chilli (roughly chopped)
- A small handful of flat leaf parsley (roughly chopped)
- Salt for seasoning
- Chop the garlic and chilli.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan (medium heat) and add the chopped ingredients (garlic/chilli) into the pan.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes or until the garlic becomes golden in colour.
- When the garlic has turned to golden, add the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir for a few seconds.
- Season with salt.
- Stir again for a few seconds.
- Now, cook on medium/low heat for about 20-25 minutes, to reduce the sauce. After this time the suace will be ready.
- A few minutes before the arrabbiata sauce is ready, boil your pasta and when the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and add it into the pan containing the sauce.
- Stir for a few seconds to coat the pasta with the sauce. Do this when the pan is still on the heat.
- Then, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Give a quick stir and serve immediately.