Cheese and Egg Soup (Stracciatella)
Clicking on equipment pictures takes you to Amazon where you can buy the items. We get a small revenue share of anything you buy which helps keep the site running.
- 3 Eggs
- 50 grams (2 ounces) Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 Round tablespoon of vegetable stock
- Pepper and nutmeg for seasoning
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Put the 3 eggs in the bowl.
- Whisk energetically.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and whisk until the mixture is well mixed.
- Put 1 litre (1 3/4 pints – 4 1/4 cups) of water into a pan and bring it to boil. Then add the vegetable stock and give a stir.
- Pour the egg and Parmesan mixture into the pan and start whisking.
- Whisk for 2 minutes and then take the pan off the cooker.
- Put the soup into the bowl and sprinkle with pepper and a small pinch of nutmeg. Serve and eventually season with salt according to taste.